Time flies. We’re all getting older. And some of your art and framing probably needs attention. Some of the art you bought years ago was not framed with conservation-quality materials and is showing signs of fading and/or discoloration from acid-migration. Some of your mats and frames looked good in the 80’s, but mauve and gray aren’t as popular as they once were. You don’t really like some of the art you have up anymore, so it’s time to drop it off at Goodwill. Then come to Carter Ave. Frame Shop to look at something new and exciting.
Some things to consider:
- Bring in your art you still like but that needs help – mats faded or discolored, frame beat up or out-dated, or that just needs freshening up.
- Dig that art you got in Paris on your vacation out from under the bed and get it framed and up on your wall. You can’t enjoy it if it’s not up.
- If you are not sure your good art has conservation framing, bring it in for us to evaluate and make suggestions
- If you have art you got a long time ago that no longer “speaks” to you, get rid of it and get something that turns you on
- If you need help with displaying your art for maximum enjoyment, call us for help – we do in-home/in-office consultations and installations. In other words, we can help you hang your existing art to make it look its best. We can also make suggestions for additional pieces for those walls that are crying out for the right art.
- You don’t have to have it all figured out. We will do a free, no-obligation evaluation of your art to determine what it needs. We partner with a paper conservator, an oil painting restorer, and a photo conservationist, if needed.
- Life is too short to live with bad art!