First of all, you don’t have to know how you want to frame your picture before you come in. That is where we can help. You get the benefit of our design training and experience to make sure you get a frame that is the right color, style, and scale to make your art look its best. We will listen to your desires and requirements to make sure you get what you want. We’ll advise you on the best way to mount and mat your art, if necessary. And we’ll safeguard your art while it is in our store and when you take it home framed. We may suggest framing ideas you didn’t even know existed!
How to Work with Your Framer
Here are some tips to help us help you get the finished product you will be thrilled with:
- Take good care of your art. Store it safely. Don’t handle it any more than you have to. Bring it in for framing as soon as possible.
- If you have any requirements like size, color, style, etc., let us know that so we can tailor your framing treatment accordingly.
- Plan to have enough time to consider your framing options. Framing design takes some time. Don’t expect it to be a five-minute errand.
- If your decor is difficult to display art in, bring color samples with you — paint chips, fabric samples, etc., so we can avoid clashing with your decor.
- Keep an open mind. One of the best reasons to get your framing done at Carter Ave. Frame Shop is that our designers know how to make art look great. Let us do a design for your art that gives you maximum pleasure!
Art & Framing Problems We Help Solve
Framing Design 101
One Print Framed 10 Ways
Some Framing Examples:
Felted dog framed on suede mat
Etching framed in simple double mat and frame
Landscape oil painting framed in olive wood veneer frame
Fabric art framed as a diamond
Contemporary acrylic painting framed in antique frame
Needlework sampler framed in Art Nouveau frame
World Series ticket conservation framed
License plate and photo of beloved auto
Series of paintings framed in one frame
Sports tickets framed with medallion
Framing difficult to mount items
Animated art in bright mat
Military memorabilia framed in a shadow box
Making and framing blackboards and bulletin boards
Wedding photo in silver leaf frame
Large hockey jersey framed in a shadow box