How to Work with Your Framer
Custom framing is a great way to get exactly what you want in displaying your art and memorabilia because it is, well, custom. Framing with us is a collaborative venture between you and your designer. Here are some tips to help us help you get the finished product you will be thrilled with:
- Take good care of your art. Store it safely. Don’t handle it any more than you have to. Bring it in for framing as soon as possible.
- If you have something in mind, let us know so we can show you that. Keep in mind, there may be ways of framing your art that you haven’t even dreamed of. Remember, you don’t have to have it all designed before you come in. We’re here to help, and we have lots of ideas (and experience).
- If you have any requirements like size, color, style, etc., let us know that so we can tailor your framing treatment accordingly.
- Plan to have enough time to consider your framing options. Framing design takes some time. Don’t expect it to be a five-minute errand.
- Remember, framing can make your art look its best, but it can’t make your art something it is not. We can’t make your small art big enough to work over the couch, and we can’t make your black and white art colorful.
- If your decor is difficult to display art in, bring color samples with you — paint chips, fabric samples, etc., so we can avoid clashing with your decor.
- Don’t plan to look at an infinite number of mat and frame combinations. We try to get to a great design fairly quickly, using our knowledge of what is available and what works. Most people get overwhelmed if they look at too many framing possibilities. We try to get to a great design so as not to waste your time or make the selection too difficult.
- Keep an open mind. One of the best reasons to get your framing done at Carter Ave. Frame Shop is that our designers know how to make art look great. Let us do a design for your art that gives you maximum pleasure!